OpenWRT: Flash Linksys E900
CPU Broadcom BCM5357 CPU Speed 300 MHz Flash ROM 8 MB RAM 32 MB Radio 2.4 GHz WLAN Support b/g/n WLAN Max Speed 300 mbps Antenna Location Internal MIMO Config 2 Transmit x 2 Receieve Switch 4x 10/100 LAN + 1 10/100 WAN USB Port None
After using the trailed build file for the initial flash (yes the file with the router name in it) only use nv64k builds to upgrade with or you will brick your unit. Don't confuse this unit with some of the other Linksys E-Series units that use nv60k builds, this one uses nv64k builds!
- Read the Peacock Announcement carefully.
- Disconnect all cables and wireless clients.
- Do a 30/30/30 reset on router
- Connect 1 Lan cable to pc doing the flash.
- Log into Linkysys Web Interface Firmware Upgrade page at 192.168.1.1 and flash the firmware E900 Trailed Initial Flash Build
- Wait 5 minutes to assure flash integrity.
- Power cycle by unplugging the E900 for 10 seconds.
- Plug the E900 back in and wait about 2 minutes until it finishes booting.
- Do a 30/30/30 reset on router. Another power cycle may be required after hard reset as noted by some forum users.
- Wait 3 minutes and log into web interface.
- You are done.
After the initial flash - should you want to flash to a build with more features you can use a k2.6 nv64k BIG or mega build or any of the other build flavors that are of your liking for features.
For upgrading to a newer build you can follow these steps: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=176523